Pimento Cheese Dip
With its blend of sharp cheddar, cream cheese, rich mayonnaise and of course, sweet-spicy pimiento peppers, there’s no doubt that this recipe is a national favorite.
Ideal for serving as a dip or spreading on to grilled cheese sandwiches, our mouthwatering pimento cheese recipe is the perfect accomplice for a whole host of dishes. It also makes for a great burger topping!
Pimento cheese comes in many forms, from chunky to smooth and spicy to mild. Whatever way you like your pimento cheese, rest assured it’s easy to make and tailor to your own liking! If you enjoy cooking, a shop-bought version will never be your preference again! Why not make it in advance for a party or just snack on it all week long?
Your pimento cheese dip is expected to keep in the fridge for up to a week (although please do consider the expiry date of your ingredients).
Prep & Cook Time: 10 minutes Skill level: Easy Serves: 12
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 4 oz chopped pimentos, drained
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Let's get cooking:
- Start by grating your sharp cheddar cheese, chopping your pimentos and softening your cream cheese.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- If you're using an electric mixer, start on low to combine and then on high for a further minute. If you’re mixing by hand, be a little patient and prepared to put some hard work in, as the mixture will need a good mix to ensure all ingredients have combined well.
- It's ready! Tip: Put the cheese in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least two hours so the flavors can infuse together.