Grilled cheese doughnuts
Have you ever tried a toasted cheese doughnut? Keep reading as it could be the best thing you’ve never tasted!
Oh-so-simple to make, grilled cheese doughnuts are certain to satisfy adventurous taste buds. Think of them as sweet and soft toasted bagels, complete with divine, melted sharp cheddar cheese! Made even better accompanied by Westminster’s very own creamy sharp cheddar!
If you love sweet and savory, you have got to try it! You can even take the grilled cheese doughnut to even greater heights by transforming it into a breakfast sandwich complete with bacon and a runny egg! Yum!
Prep & Cook Time: 10 mins Skill Level: Easy Serves: 1
- 1 glazed doughnut
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 slices Westminster Sharp English Cheddar Cheese (perfect for melting!)
- Crushed crispy bacon bits
Let's get cooking:
- Pre-head your grill to a medium heat
- Slice your doughnut of choice in half lengthways
- Lightly spread butter on the inner side of the doughnuts (this is the side that has been sliced with no glaze)
- Now slice your Westminster Sharp English Cheddar Cheese - we recommend cutting 2 slices - but it all depends on how cheesy you want to go and how big your doughnut is!
- Lay our first doughnut slice butter-side down onto your grill tray and place your slices of cheese on top
- Then, put your second doughnut slice on top, butter side up. The cheese should be sandwiched between!
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the doughnut is golden brown, turning over to ensure that the doughnut is toasted evenly before serving.
This should take 2-3 minutes depending on how you like it!
- Sprinkle some crushed crispy bacon on top for that extra something special!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Our creamy Westminster cheddar twist has been inspired by Kirbie’s Cravings
Photo: Kirbie’s Cravings