Better than the deli, try this ultimate breakfast bagel
As far as breakfasts go this egg, bacon and cheese bagel is a satisfying culinary creation.
Upgrade your breakfast sandwich by swapping bread for a bagel of your choice – we opted for seeded. Fill with a generous portion of egg, crispy bacon and smother with Westminster’s cheddar. Our cheese melts beautifully inside, making this one delicious bagel.
Skip the deli and make this scrumptious and gooey bagel right at home!
Prep & Cook Time: 15 mins Skill level: Easy Serves: 1
- 1 seeded bagel, halved and toasted
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked how you like
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Westminster cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Let's get cooking:
- Some like their bacon crisp and other’s not so much, so get started by cooking the bacon how you like it and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and season with the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Scramble the egg mixture on a small skillet over medium heat, sprinkling the cheese on top of the eggs when ready. Cook for a few extra seconds for the cheese to melt.
- While cooking the eggs, slice the bagel in half and toast. If using a pop-up toaster, toast the bagel until golden brown and then add butter to the two cut sides. If using a skillet or grill pan, butter first and then toast.
- Place bacon onto the bottom half of the bagel, then layer the scrambled eggs and melted cheese on top using a spatula.
- To finish, add the bagel top and serve immediately!