Classic Cobb Salad with a Westminster Bite
Looking for a salad that’s yummy and full of taste? You’re in the right place. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re talking about the one and only Cobb salad with the addition of a Westminster oak smoked bite.
If you haven’t already been acquainted, the Cobb salad is an American classic. With crunchy lettuce, juicy roast chicken, tangy cheese, smooth avocado and crispy bacon – it’s flavourful and full of texture! When brought together with the distinctive taste of Westminster’s Smoked Cheddar, you get an additional creamy cheddar taste with a hint of smoke.
While no one’s entirely sure where the Cobb salad came from, there’s one thing for certain – it’s a hearty dish sure to win your tastebuds and your hearts. You’ll never make a dull salad again!
Prep & Cook Time: 15 mins Skill level: Easy Serves: 6
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head Romain lettuce, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 15 oz. cooked chicken, diced
- 8 rashers bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 100g / 4 oz. crumbled Westminster smoked cheddar
- 100g / 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado - peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1/2 red onion or 3 spring onions, chopped
- 5 oz. chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
Let's get cooking:
- In a jar, shake together vinegar, mustard, oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss together well the chopped romaine and iceberg lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- On a large platter, spread out the lettuce, then evenly divide and decoratively arrange the chicken, eggs, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and onions on top of the lettuce.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing and garnish with chives.