A left-overs sandwich like never before
There’s something very satisfying about using up left-overs.
With this recipe you’ll transform everyone’s idea of what makes a good turkey sandwich.
Incredibly easy to prepare and delicious to eat, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. But don’t forget this sandwich is all about left-overs so jazz it up with whatever you have in the fridge.
Prep & Cook Time: 5 minutes to prepare and 8 minutes to cook Skill level: Easy Serves: 4
- For the cranberry mustard:
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp coarse ground mustard
- dash kosher salt
- A left-overs sandwich like never before
- 8 slices bread, delicious white, or hearty whole-grain – it’s up to you
- 8 oz turkey breast
- 4 oz Westminster Cheddar, or brie (sliced into 4 pieces)
- Olive oil
- Mixed salad leaves
- Handful of Cress
Let's get cooking:
- For the cranberry mustard: add whole berry cranberry sauce, cider vinegar, olive oil, coarse ground mustard and salt into a bowl and mix well. Taste and season as required.
- For the sandwiches: Heat up a grill pan, over medium heat.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread. Layer one slice of cheddar or brie onto each slice and then divide up the turkey over the cheese. Top each with another piece of bread and then brush or spray some olive oil over the bread, top and bottom.
- Cooking two sandwiches at a time, toast each side until the bread is golden and the cheese is melty, weighing down the sandwiches as they cook, about 2 minutes per side.
- Once the sandwiches are toasted, pry up the top piece of bread and spoon a couple of tablespoons of cranberry mustard over the top and scatter with salad leaves and cress.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- Enjoy on their own or with a warming bowl of soup.