Cheesy Pasta Bake recipe - a super-quick and extremely scrumptious mid-week treat!
The ultimate comfort food dish, this Cheesy Pasta Bake recipe is the perfect belly-warmer choice for the colder months. Rich, smooth and extremely cheesy, the recipe is a total cheddar fanatic pleaser!
The great thing about a classic Cheesy Pasta Bake is the endless ingredients that can be added to the dish!
Make sure you get your five-a-day by adding some fresh broccoli, tomatoes, and spinach, or why not bring out the rich and smooth taste with thick cut bacon and a handful of crushed walnuts? All make a great addition to this rich and flavorsome dish.
Prep & Cook Time: 30 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 4
- 5oz of Westminster Sharp English Cheddar Cheese
- 10oz of Penne pasta
- 1oz of butter
- 1oz of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- 300ml of full-fat whole milk
Let's get cooking:
- Cook 10oz of Penne pasta (fresh if possible!) until soft and tender, drain well and put to one side.
- Turn on your grill so it gets nice and hot for cooking your cheesy bake later!
- Heat 1oz of butter in a medium sized saucepan and once melted, slowly stir in 1oz of plain flour and cook for approximately one minute.
- Very gradually add 300ml of full-fat whole milk, stirring well as you go to ensure the mixture blends together smoothly.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then allow it to simmer away for two minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, 2 1/2oz of Westminster Sharp English Cheddar Cheese (don’t snack on the remaining cheese…we need it later!) and a touch of salt and pepper.
- Take the Penne pasta you cooked earlier, fold it into the cheese mix and spoon into a large oven-proof dish.
- Scatter the remaining 2 1/2oz of our sharp and tangy cheddar cheese on top of the mixture and place under the piping hot grill for three to four minutes until golden, bubbling and crunchy!