The ultimate dreamy Cheddar Cheese Fondue recipe
We’ve pulled together an unmatchable Cheddar Cheese Fondue recipe that’s so rich and creamy, it will instantly become your go-to dinner party dish which guests will rave about.
Both incredibly easy to make and super-tasty to eat, this cheesy treat will not just please your tastebuds, but your friends and family too.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 4-6
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon of cherry brandy
- 1/2 a pound of grated Westminster Sharp English Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 a pound of grated Westminster Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- Lots of assorted dippers! Think anything and everything from carrot sticks, breadsticks and slices of cucumber to apple chunks, cubes of ham and asparagus stems.
Let's get cooking:
- In a small bowl, coat our tasty cheeses with two tablespoons of cornstarch (it’s okay, you can have a sneaky taste beforehand) and set aside for later!
- Thoroughly rub the inside of a ceramic fondue pot with one peeled garlic clove to give the delicious appetizer that striking flavor.
- Over a medium heat, add one tablespoon of dry white wine (we saw you take a sneaky sip!) and one tablespoon of lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Very gradually and gently stir the smooth creamy cheese into the simmering liquid, by doing so, you ensure a smooth flavorsome fondue.
- Once the mixture is smooth, stir in one tablespoon of cherry brandy, 1/2 teaspoon of dried mustard and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Arrange an appetizing assortment of small bite-sized dipping foods, such as carrot sticks, asparagus, and breadsticks, pour your cheese heaven into the fondue pot and enjoy!