Super-cheesy Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes!
These super-quick, super-easy Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes provide the PERFECT comfort food for the coming time of year, containing a variety of tastes and textures to get your mouth watering!
An ideal lunch if you’ve got some family over, the recipe serves eight, although all ingredients can be easily doubled up. Sit back whilst our gorgeous English Westminster Cheddar turns boring potatoes into drool-worthy goodness!
Top tip! Got any leftovers from the night before? Chuck in some chicken, beef or veg – the more the merrier with this one!
Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour, 40 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 8
- 4 medium potatoes, washed well and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped, divided
- 1 cup of Westminster Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Let's get cooking:
- First things first, preheat the oven to a piping 400°F
- Whilst the oven's getting itself sorted, line a baking tray with parchment paper
- On a new baking tray, bake your potatoes for 45-60 minutes until soft
- Whilst the oven's warming up your deliciously soft potatoes, you can begin preparing your filling! Add to a large mixing bowl: Greek yogurt, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dill weed, paprika, salt, pepper and of course broccoli. You can always add any meat you've got hanging around the kitchen too!
- Add ¾ of that all-important Westminster Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Once the potatoes have been baked to perfection and have cooled down, slice each lengthways in half
- Scoop out the creamy potato (being sure to keep the skins perfectly intact!) and place into a bowl, adding butter and mashing until gorgeously silky smooth!
- Add your mashed potato into your bowl of tasty condiments!
- Use a little olive oil to rub the outsides of the potato skins, before setting them aside on the baking tray you prepared earlier
- Divide the contents of your deliciously flavoursome bowl evenly among the potato skins, topping with the remains of your Westminster Cheddar Cheese
- Sit back and relax whilst you bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is gorgeously melted and the potatoes are piping hot
- Serve with salad and enjoy!