Mac & Cheese Pie
Introducing a super-delicious spin on this well-loved classic. This homemade Mac & Cheese Pie is a deliciously creamy alternative that compliments a variety of dinners and can even be a treat for your lunch!
This dish will be sure to impress the taste buds of dinner guests when you put the golden and bubbly pie on the table! But the best part…it’s super-easy to make!
WARNING: Please don’t expect any leftovers!
Prep & Cook Time: 40 mins. Skill level: Easy. Serves: 6
- Cooking spray/butter
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- ½ cup butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded cheddar
Let's get cooking:
- Firstly preheat your oven to a toasty 425F.
- Prep your casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray or greasing with butter.
- Bring to boil a pot of lightly salted water and add your macaroni; cook for approx. 8 minutes.
- In another large pot slowly melt your butter over a low heat. Slowly add evaporated milk and black pepper, gently mix until heated through.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl and add ½ cup of evaporated milk one tablespoon at a time. Slowly pour the mixture into the large pot and continue to whisk.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken add your macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture into your casserole dish and lovingly cover with 1 cup of shredded cheddar, repeat this at least 3 times.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with a Dill garnish.