Incredibly cheesy (and incredibly easy!) Cheeseburger Pie
Imagine if your two favourite foods could be combined into one; if you’re a fan of classic cheeseburgers and homely pie then tonight’s dinner is sorted on us!
Serving up delicious Cheeseburger Pie is amazingly easy with a total make-time of only 40 minutes! Not to forget it serves 6 of you.
Top tip! Add in hamburger favourites such as pickles, bacon and tomato – or go crazy with heaps of barbecue sauce!
Prep & Cook Time: 40 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 6
- 16oz ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 chopped medium onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A sprinkle of pepper
- 1 cup shredded Westminster Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup pre-mixed baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
Let's get cooking:
- Heat the oven to a piping hot 400°F
- Spray with cooking spray a (roughly) 9-inch glass pie plate
- Get chopping! Finely chop your onion
- Fry the onion and the beef over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked
- Drain to get rid of any excess oil or fat
- Stir in salt and pepper until you get your desired taste
- Spread in the pie plate evenly
- Sprinkle with Westminster's beautifully sharp English cheddar! And add a bit more... Maybe a tad more...
- In a medium bowl, stir in the pre-mixed baking mix (we're lazy like that), milk and eggs until perfectly blended
- Pour into pie plate and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Bon appetit! Serve up happiness!