Easy Left Over Cheese and Potato Bites
These scrumptious snacks will not last long on the picnic spread! They are easy to rustle up last minute as well as helping to reduce food waste. Plus they taste absolutely heavenly, this savory snack really couldn’t get much better! Try dipping them into BBQ sauce to really tantalize your taste buds!
If you try this recipe for yourself we would love to see your pics! Tag us at #WestminsterCheddar
Serves 4-6 Cooking Time 25mins Skill Level – Easy!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 20 cheese cubes (about half inch or desired size)
- 2 onions
- 2 cups left over mash potato
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- Oil for frying
Let's get cooking:
- Start by cooking up some bacon over medium heat until crisp and put to one side to cool down ready for chopping.
- Grab a bowl and thrown in the bacon, mashed potatoes and green onions and mix them together.
- To get an even size of the mixture use a teaspoon (unless of course you want to free hand!), next a cube of Westminster cheddar and place it in the centre.
- Surround the cheddar in the mixture and create into a ball, dip into a mixture of egg and milk and smother in breadcrumbs. Do this twice for extra crunchiness.
- Use a pan to heat your oil to approximately 350F, carefully place the balls into the oil and fry until golden and irresistible!
- After about 2 minutes, remove them from the oil and place onto paper towel to drain any excess oil and serve immediately.