Cheese-loaded Baked Potato, Chicken and Bacon Casserole
Needing comfort food for those colder nights? This casserole is full of meaty, carby goodness! Serving up a generous portion for two of you, this tasty dish is sure to get your mouth watering after a busy day!
With crispy bacon, soft potatoes, succulent chicken and our creamy Westminster Cheddar, the range of textures and lush flavours make for the perfect mid-week treat!
Top tip! Double up the recipe for the family and hide in some greens such as broccoli or peas to help the kids get their 5-a-day!
Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour 40 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 2
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 heaping cup shredded Westminster Cheddar Cheese
- 1 stalk scallion (green part only)
Let's get cooking:
- Get your oven heated to 350°F
- Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with some butter
- Add in the salt, pepper and sugar to the heavy whipping cream, lightly stirring
- Peel and chop the potatoes
- Get chopping the chicken!
- Spread the potatoes and chicken in one layer, sprinkling over chopped bacon, scallions, butter and most importantly, half of the Westminster Cheddar!
- Throw in any other veg you fancy, go on, go crazy!
- Pour the heavy cream concoction over the top, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour
- Uncover the pan and bake for a further 30 minutes
- In the last (but important!) 10 mins, sprinkle the remains of the cheddar cheese and bake until gorgeously crispy
- Serve immediately for the perfect carb-fest comfort food!