A heavenly crunchy Garlic Cheddar Cheese Chicken recipe
This yummy Garlic Cheddar Cheese Chicken recipe boasts a crunchy, cheddar cheese coating that gifts you with a taste tickling blend of full, rich flavors – ensuring there are no leftovers.
And even better, the recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep and 40 minutes to cook. Dinner will be ready in no time!
Top tip! Looking for that extra crunch? Drop some crushed Cornflakes into the breadcrumb mix – your tastebuds will love you for it!
Prep & Cook Time: 55 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 8
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup of fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Westminster Sharp English Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 pounded thin skinless, boneless chicken breast (halves)
Let's get cooking:
- First things first, get the oven ready! Pre-heat to a scorching 350°F.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a small saucepan over low heat and then add the minced garlic and cook until nice and tender - roughly 5 minutes (isn’t that aroma to die for!). Then place the mixture on the side and let it cool.
- In a small, shallow bowl thoroughly mix the fine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Westminster Sharp English Cheddar (go on, throw a little more in!), parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Dip each chicken breast into the butter and garlic mixture, making sure all hidden areas are covered! Then press the chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture, coating the whole piece of chicken.
- Arrange the coated chicken breast in a large baking dish, drizzle with any remaining garlic and butter mix and top with any remaining breadcrumbs.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Once crunchy and golden brown (and of course, smelling delicious!), take the dish out of the oven and serve.