Comforting Cheddar Cheese Risotto
What more can you ask for in comfort food than starchy rice and beautifully sharp cheddar cheese in a warm bowl?
Perfect for those cold winter nights, this cheddar cheese risotto is all about those comfy moments!
Top tip! Add in some pancetta and peas for added taste and colour, and to make the meal go further!
Prep & Cook Time: 30 mins. Skill Level: Easy. Serves: 2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 finely sliced baby leeks or spring onions (take your pick!)
- 10oz risotto rice
- 4 fl oz white wine (oh, yes!)
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 33 fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 4oz Westminster Sharp Cheddar Cheese (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (chopped)
Let's get cooking:
- In a medium-sized pan, melt the butter and oil, cooking the sliced baby leeks/spring onions until nice and soft
- Add in the risotto rice and stir for 1 minute
- It's time to turn up the heat! Add the wine and mustard, stirring until the wine has absorbed into the rice
- Begin to ladle in the hot stock, allowing each ladleful to absorb as your stir, before adding the next one
- Stir until the rice is al dente (this should take about 18 minutes)
- Add in that all important ingredient - yep, you guesed it - that Westminster Cheddar! Stir the cheese into the mix until gorgeously melted
- Take the pan directly off the heat, still stirring as you do so
- Part the risotto into warm dishes and finish with a sprinkling of chopped chives to give it that gourmet look!