Are you a winner of our #GrandmaMakes cheese giveaway? Find out here!
A huge thank you to everyone who took part in our #GrandmaMakes KitchenAid and Westminster Cheddar giveaway, we had over 7,327 entries and most importantly some incredible tastebud pleasing family recipes that we can’t wait to try out! See below to discover if you are a winner…
Our two #GrandmaMakes giveaway runners up, who’ll receive a selection of Westminster Cheddar each, are…
Grandma’s Cheese Dip
‘My Grandmother makes a cheese dip that our whole family calls “Grandma’s cheese dip.” It’s cheddar cheese melted with 1 large onion, 1-2 cans of diced green chili’s and 1-2 cans of diced tomato and chili’s.
Simply saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of oil then add the green chilis and saute further. Now add the tomatoes and chilis, 4 cups of cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons of butter and a 1/2 a cup milk – cooking until fully melted. Serve warm with corn chips!’ – Lorri Dockery
‘You’ll need – 1 box of Cavatappi elbow noodles, 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, 1 cup of mild cheddar, 1 and a half 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar, heavy cream, cracked pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
Cook the noodles and drain, then add all the cheese in small handfuls alternating with heavy cream. Add the rest of the ingredients along with salt and pepper to taste. Put the mac in a casserole dish and cover with a layer of panko bread crumbs. Then smother it with more of the three cheeses and bake at 400°F until cheese bubbles, enjoy!’ – Tashia Allen
And the winner of the super-stylish KitchenAid and delicious Westminster Cheddar selection is…
Jodi Taffel with her Grandma’s Dijon Chicken with Bacon, Leeks & Westminster Farmer’s Reserve Cheddar on Toasted Ciabatta
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
6 slices of thick-cut applewood smoked bacon (cut in half)
2 medium leeks (3 to 4 ounces)
4 large ciabatta buns (split in half)
1 cup of Westminster Farmer’s Reserve Cheddar (shredded)
– Heat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the chicken thighs on a foil-lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and brush with 2 tablespoons of mustard.
– Bake the chicken for roughly 30 minutes or until no longer pink in centre the (165°F on an instant-read thermometer). Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes, then slice each thigh into 6-8 slices.
– Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy and browned. Drain the bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
– Trim the tough green tops from the leeks and slice them in half lengthwise. Rinse well to remove any sand or grit and then thinly slice crosswise.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon fat in large skillet. Saute the leeks over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until tender, then place in a small bowl.
– Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of fat in a skillet over medium heat and toast the buns, cut-side down, until golden brown.
– To assemble the sandwiches, spread both sides of each toasted bun with the remaining mustard. Sprinkle both halves of each bun with shredded Westminster Farmer’s Reserve Cheddar cheese and place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
– Arrange the chicken on the bottom halves of toasted buns and top with bacon, leeks and the tops of the buns and serve.
Thanks so much for entering our #GrandmaMakes giveaway and for sharing your mouth-watering family recipes!
Keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for the next competition – coming soon!
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest inspiration and giveaways!